- Program Educational Objectives
- Program Outcomes
- Program Structure
- Duration of Study
- Research Directions
- Intake Guidelines and Procedures
|PROGRAMMES NAME||PROGRAMME CODE|
|Master of Science in Transport and Logistics (By Research)||LT780|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Transport and Logistics (By Research)||LT990|
Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS) offers two academic postgraduate (PG) programs by RESEARCH since the year 2009. Our PG programs aimed to produce postgraduate that meet our Program Educational Objectives :
Candidates who are undergoing our postgraduate programs are supervised by academic staff in Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Malaysia and pools of experts from the alumni and the industry in the fields of transport, logistics, engineering, legal, architecture, business and management. Hence, upon completion of the programs, the candidates should able to achieve the Program Outcomes :
MITRANS and UiTM emphasise of Graduate on Time (GOT); thus a candidate is expected to complete his/her study within the stipulated program duration. It is responsibility of the candidate to consult/meet his/her supervisor regularly and plan his/her progress of study.
Any request for extension of study, the candidate has to appeal in accordance with IPSis rules and regulations.
|STUDY||FULL TIME||PART TIME|
|Master of Science (LT780)||3 - 6 semesters||4 - 8 semesters|
|Doctor of Philosophy (LT990)||6 - 10 semesters||4 - 12 semesters|
These are the directions on areas of research in accordance with MITRANS and the current national strategic transformation plans affecting transport and logistics industry :
- Institutional factors; Operational issues; Services issues; Policies and laws; Global and International competiteveness' Challenges in business and industry;
- Human capital development;
- Technology and innovation; Green Logistics; Halal Logistics; and any other related and relevant areas.
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in any field (minimum CGPA 3.00) for Master program.
- Minimum a masters degree in any field for PhD program.
- Applicants from diverse fields such as law, engineering, business management and architecture are invited for the Master/PhD research programs in transport and logistics, supply chain management, operational management, HALAL, GREEN, legal and related areas.
- Fresh graduates may apply; however working experience is an advantage.
a. Local Applicants:
i. Purchase BSN Slip at any BSN Branches.
ii. Apply on-line: http://www.ipsis.uitm.edu.my
iii. Enter BSN UiTM Slip (or pin) number.
iv. Select Program by research: LT790 (Master) or LT990 (PhD)
v. Print and submit a copy of the application form with your proposal ans supporting documents to: MITRANS, UiTM Shah Alam.
b. International Applicants:
vi. Follow the above procedures (i-iv) vii. Submit an additional copy of application to: UiTM International Centre
c. Supporting Documents (*certified copies only)
- Identification Card (Local)
- International Passport (International)
- Master/Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Academic Transcripts
- MUET (Local); IELTS/TOEFL Certificate
- Research Proposal
- 2 Referee Reports (one employer's and one academic reference)
- A Copy of the on-line application form
i. MITRANS will process your proposal and eligibility for the postgraduate study.
ii. Institute of Graduate Studies (IPSis) will process your application for eligibility to enter the university.
iii. You may accept, decline or defer the offer on-line by completing the reply form in the letter of offer of admission.
e. Financial Schemes
Financial aids or schemes are available for potential students with terms and conditions. Please refer to the IPSis website.
All information is available from
Institute of Graduate Studies (IPSis), Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia:
Or, should you require any additional information or advice, please do contact us
Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS),
Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam,